NEVER let yourself write a bad headline ever again...
A good headline is vital to good copy. Here is a 10 point guide to creating a good headline:
1. Make sure the headline is bold and at least 50% larger than the body copy.
2. DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE HEADLINE, IT MAKES IT TOO HARD TO READ.
3. Punctuation around the headline increases its effectiveness.
4. No rules on how long, just so long as the reader's curiosity is caught.
5. Learn from the experts. Ever read a tabloid?
6. Don't be too cute Your reader has no time or inclination to guess and does not like being teased.
7. The headline should be all about the reader and what you will do for them.
8. You won't win in the long run if your headline promises something ultimately undeliverable.
9. Never send out printed or advertising material without a headline.
10. Do not use your company name in the headline. See 7.
For more about our work in this area visit our copywriting section or contact us