Your 6 most popular terms for getting started with Twitter
Twitter is a social network with specific ways to engage with your connections. The terms used to describe actions you can take on Twitter is particular to this platform. Here are six of the most common
1. @mention By placing the @ symbol in front of a username, you can tag another user in your Tweet.
2. @reply By starting your Tweet with @username, you can reply publicly to a single user.
3. Direct message (DM). A private message can be sent directly to a user on Twitter who is already following you.
4. Follower A follower is someone who follows you on Twitter and sees your updates on his/her home feed (Your home timeline displays a stream of Tweets from accounts you have chosen to follow on Twitter).
5. Retweet (RT). This is a way for someone to share a Tweet from another user's account.
6. Hashtag. Using the # symbol in front of any word or phrase tags your Tweets. When someone clicks that hashtag, she sees your Tweet along with everyone else's Tweets using that same term.
Getting started really isn't that hard once you are pointed in the right direction. Orientate yourself this way to begin.