Correct as of 11th January
There are a number of government grants currently available to businesses via Hart District Council:
To apply visit Hart District Council’s website here.
If your business has been required to close:
- From 5th November to 1st December: Local Restrictions Grants of up to £1,500 for every 14 days your business was required to close are available. This depends on the rateable value of your business premises.
- Local Restrictions Grant (Closed) for businesses forced to close from 2nd December. As Hart was in Tier 2 this is unlikely to apply to many businesses but if you are eligible the application form is on Hart District Council’s website.
- Tier 4 Local Restrictions Grants from 26th December: For every 14 days your business is required to close you will be eligible for £667 if the rateable value of your business premises is £15,000 or less; £1,000 if the rateable value of your business is over £15,000 and under £51,000 or £1,500 if the rateable value of your business is greater than £51,000. It is possible that Hart District Council will pay these grants automatically to businesses who received the grant listed above. For other businesses you will need to apply for these grants via Hart District Council’s website once the form is available.
- Following the government’s announcement on 4th January. A one-off grant in addition to other grants for retail, leisure and hospitality businesses required to close of £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under; £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000 and £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000.
- ‘Wet led pubs’ grant – a one off payment of £1,000 for pubs and bars where less than 50% sales are from food. This is in addition to other grants you may have received – apply via the Hart District Council website before 1st February.
- The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) from 2nd December for businesses in the hospitality (restaurants, cafes, public houses, wine bars or other such premises providing food or drink for sale to the general public primarily for consumption on the premises), leisure (for the purpose of leisure or entertainment eg gyms, sports clubs, spas, cinemas, bowling alleys, museums etc), retail and accommodation sectors who were able to remain open from 2nd December but whose trade was severely impacted. Depending on the rateable value of a business, the grants are £467, £700 or £1,050 per 14 day period.
- Additional Restrictions (Discretionary) grants. £1,300 for businesses not required to close (ie not eligible for Local Restrictions Grant) but adversely affected by the introduction of Tier 4 restrictions. You will need to apply via Hart District Council’s website by Monday 25 January with first payments made from Thursday 29 January 2021.
- Additional grants following the government announcement on 4th January. These will be available for businesses not eligible for one off grants but affected by the restrictions. No further details are available at this stage regarding eligibility or how to apply.
- To find out more and apply visit Hart District Council’s website here.