Improving the marketing of counselling practices is not about doing just one thing better. It’s about making improvements across the board. This includes existing or new counselling listings on ‘Find a Counsellor’ websites.
We come across numerous circumstances where because a listing has been completed, there’s an assumption is has been optimised. This is hardly ever the case. Here are just some of the many ‘Find a Counsellor’ listings sites that are available for counsellors:
Every listing that a counsellor has on a relevant website helps to send positive signals to Google about that counsellor’s practice. The strength of the signal is dependent on the quality of the listings.
Common failings of practice listings on ‘find a counsellor’ websites
Here are some of the common mistakes we see with counsellor’s listing on other websites.
- Poor use of English, grammar and spelling mistakes
- Poor layout of the page, both visually and in terms of keyword prominence. Keywords need to be emphasised and appear high up in the any listing.
- Images are not given keyword relevant filenames. For example an image from a phone may be called IMG20001.jpg Rename this to Counsellor in Basildon so the Google signal being sent it stronger
- Photographs do not have descriptive alt tags
- Make sure there is a link to your website. If you site has had an SSL certificate added (http to https) you will need to reset the link
- Make a diary not to review all listings twice a year and freshen up the content and the images
- If the listings site that you are a part of has a blog, consider contributing to this. The content is another strong signal.
- Know which of your listings sites is doing best at bringing enquiries or visits to your own site
- Engage with the listings site owner to understand how your listing needs to be prepared to appear ahead of other counsellors in your local area or area of expertise.
Click to read and watch short snippets about our other ways to help market counselling services
Sixth Sense Marketing deploys a range of marketing skills and techniques to help counsellors appear prominently in their local area for the counselling services that they provide. To learn more about we can help your counselling practice call 01252 213131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org