The 2020 Inspire Business Awards are now open and accepting entries. This is a showcase event for businesses in North Hampshire. Now, more than ever the opportunity to receive independent recognition for your hard work is very valuable. Click to view the list of award categories.
Sixth Sense Marketing was delighted to be a finalist in 2017 and we know the quality and popularity of the awards and the celebratory awards evening. 2020 is likely to be a revised format, but the INSPIRE brand is strong in this area and success will say as much about your business as £000’s worth of advertising.
Awards success is never a guarantee, but there are some golden rules before you sharpen a pencil and begin drafting a submission:
- Can you meet the entry deadline. Submissions always take longer than you imagine.
- Is there are category that you easily fit into?
- Do you have a strong story?
- Can you tell the story in an engaging way?
- Do you have the evidence to back up the success of the story e.g. financial evidence or independent testimonials?
- Can you prepare the submission to meet all of the judging criteria?
- Are you available for any follow up meetings?
In summary, you need to really want to do this before you start. Preparing a submission is like much in business. You get out as much as you are prepared to put in.
Awards can be better value than advertising
We are big supporters of any independent recognition that a business can earn. What others say about you is far more valuable than anything you can say yourself. There is a skill to writing an effective award entry. Often the business owner is too close to the story to be able to tell it effectively. We have a good track record of writing successful entries and adding value to drafts.
In such a challenging year, good luck to every business that chooses to engage with INSPIRE this year. It is once of the area’s primary business celebration and recognition events and we should all support it.
If we can help your submission achieve real cut through, do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com