LinkedIn Stories is coming to UK imenently
LinkedIn is rolling out its new facility, LinkedIn Stories worldwide. Rumours are it will be landing in the UK later this week or early next?
What is the story?
Stories gives the opportunity for people on their timeline or on a company page to publish photos and short videos via the mobile app. We seen already how stories are powerful for brand building on the Instagram platform, but will the concept translate to the B2B platform?
People and brands will be able to reach out to followers using photos and videos of up to 20 seconds in duration, offering a more informal and immediate way to share news, highlights and insights.
Posts will have a ‘life’ of just 24 hours.
How can I make LinkedIn Stories work for me and my brand?
This is all new, so there is an element of ‘watch this space’. But the following applications spring to mind:
- A tease or a preview of event activity.
- Behinds the scenes footage of something coming ‘down the track’.
- Share lightweight ‘in the moment’ content that doesn’t need preserving in perpetuity.
- Sharing headlines and images of wisdom, motivation and encouragement.
- A valid platform to share moments of the heart rather than of the head.
Business is a heady mix of strategy and planning combined with intuition and instinct. LinkedIn Stories offers the opportunity to dial down the former and dial up the latter. It’s an opportunity to reveal more personality, within the structure of sensible brand guidelines.
What’s your story?