TV advertising is often considered something only national brands with significant marketing budgets can afford. But now businesses in Hampshire and beyond can now run targeted TV advertising to local consumers with Adsmart from Sky.
You will be familiar with the targeting that is possible through social media and Google advertising. Now, with Adsmart from Sky, companies can deliver targeted TV advertising at the people likely to buy from you.
Adsmart from Sky enables businesses to target potential customers within a postcode or local authority area, by household demographics, financial situation, home and car ownership, technology adoption and Experian Mosaic profiles.
So if you want to target families with young children who own their own home, are business owners and about to move house within a postcode area, or even a few miles of a particular postcode, you can.
What does it cost?
Media costs start at £3,000 with additional production costs. So for companies who have marketing budgets to build their brand, or have a timely and relevant offer for a specific local market, TV advertising could be within reach.
What to consider
If you’re thinking about TV advertising there are a few things you need to consider:
- What are your objectives? As with any advertising, or indeed any marketing, if you don’t know what you are trying to achieve you will be wasting your money. Do you want to establish your brand or do you have a timely and relevant sales proposition that will make people take action?
- Walk in your customers’ shoes. What will make your TV advertising (like any other advertising) relevant and timely? What do you know about your audience in terms of demographics? How well does this match with the data that Adsmart from Sky have?
- Do the Maths. You need to be able to measure your return on investment. For example, f you sell high end kitchens, dream holidays or new houses with a high margin and you can create a beautiful ad, TV may work well. If you are a company selling second hand cars at very low margin you will need to sell a much higher volume.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. TV is a great way to get your name out there but you still need to be marketing elsewhere.
- Invest in the creative. The benefit of TV is that it is highly visual making it much easier to connect emotionally with your target market. However, people have a very high expectation of the production quality on TV. You therefore need to be able to ensure the imagery, voiceover, acting all create the right impression. Don’t scrimp on this. There’s a great article by Ally & Mo Media on what you should consider with the creative here.
- Allow time. You need to plan TV advertising well in advance.
- Don’t forget the follow up. What might people do after seeing your ad? Visit your website, visit a showroom? Make sure this experience mirrors the expectation from your ad and that you are ready to convert sales or move people to the next stage of the buying process.
Sixth Sense Marketing is a Hampshire marketing agency supporting clients in Southern England. If you want to understand whether TV advertising is right for you, or are considering reviewing your marketing, get in touch. Give us a call on 01252 213131 or email us. Or find out more here.
You might also want to talk to: