Buying leads in search of new business is a bit like panning for gold. You have to take time sieving through a lot of rubbish until you strike. But even then, it’s more likely to be a grain rather than a nugget.
If you’re thinking about spending money again buying leads, in the hope your luck will change, maybe what you need really is a change of strategy! A smart, proven marketing strategy that can produce leads in a repeatable and predictable way, month in, month out.
The pandemic accelerated to shift to online search for financial services
For years financial advisers have relied on word of mouth as their main channel for new business enquiries. That’s not gone away. But, what is changing is the younger generation, now with homes, families and moving into senior roles are as comfortable using the internet to find a plumber to fix a leak, as they are an adviser to fix finances. Covid19 had the effect of accelerating the move to more online searches during lockdown, and it is set to continue. Why? Because the profile of person described above is 30-40 years of age and has grown up with computers from day one!
Invest in and grow the online reputation of your business
The way to benefit from a more dependable flow in consistent leads is to become the pre-eminent financial adviser on the internet in your area. Google’s rankings are not ordered by chance. There is a complex algorithm that determines which financial advisers should appear on page one and in what order. A combination of content, images, social media, Google My Business, internet links and reviews are all items in the algorithm basket. Google likes consistency and will value businesses that can apply this best practice over time, compared to ones that have a splurge now and then!
This is work that you could learn to do yourself, or have someone in the practice do it for you. It will likely take longer and not be as effective compared to the option of outsourcing the work to an expert. One of my favourite phrases from an financial adviser who is a client is: “Only do what only you can do.”
We are working with financial advisers like you, helping them achieve this consistent flow of high quality inbound enquiries. I do not think that any of them now buy leads.
Our marketing service for financial advisers
Our service is a subscription with no contract. You will stay with us because we create value for you that is worth more than what you pay us every month. It’s simple; there are no catches. We ask that you commit to six months before you make a judgement as to the benefit or otherwise of our relationship. In broad terms the work we will do for you is:
- Run your LinkedIn and Facebook accounts with regular posts during the month that link back to your website and which also include suitable optimised images.
- Run your Google My Business account and optimise it in a way for local search that very few other financial advisers are doing.
- Encourage the collection of client testimonials using Google Reviews (or your preferred alternative platform).
- Establish back links into your site from reputable online business listings sites.
- Capture some of the personality of your business by sharing your work in the community, networking, charity and other pro bono activities.
- Act as a sounding board for any other marketing ideas and activities that come to light during the course of us working together.
- Create a joint pot of money worth £250 after 12 months that you can donate to a local good cause of your choice.
Online marketing. The most effective means of attracting more of the leads you want
A lot of the work we do is enhancing your local profile. Ergo, the likelihood is increased that you will attract enquiries from people who are more like you.
We appreciate you have got this far and nothing yet about how much our service costs.
How much does our service cost?
£300 + VAT per month. You can add extras as follows:
- £15 per month (nil VAT) into a charity pot which we add £70 to. After 12 months making a £250 sum available to donate to a local good of your choice. We will broker the arrangement and sort any PR if that is appropriate.
- £10-20 per month + VAT to advertise your business locally on Facebook to accelerate the number of people following you.
We only work with one practice per town to avoid any conflict of interest. We are convinced about the effectiveness of this service after six months. We’d like your practice to start enjoying the benefits of consistent leads. You can kick into touch buying leads that you knew really were never likely to be productive!
Read more about our marketing blogs for financial advisers